View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 12:17 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

RHP - Verlander - Along with Big Hurt maybe my top two favorite players ever
RHP - J.R. Richard - a BEAST before a stroke took him down,,,,think of a RH Randy Johnson in his day (honorable mention - The Bird...for his one healthy season he brought magic...and domination
RHP - Ryan - Robin Ventura...along with Brett and Carew...and maybe Reggie...my fave 70s/80's guys
LHP - Randy Johnson - probably the one guy I would least wanted to have faced
LHP - Mickey Lolich - Cards fans may not like this one...a total bulldog and vastly underrated..if not rarely mentioned
RP - 1984 Willie Hernandez.....if for a full career...tough Fingers had/has a great stache...but probably Mariano...boring I know...scratch that...Smoltz...a Faser, MI native...and Tiger that got away
C - Lance Parrish - was my favorite Tiger growing up and his stats are VERY close to Carter and Fisk (his contemporaries) but he never gets mentions in the same sentece...BS
1B - Frank Thomas (Honorable mention - Rod Carew...just loved every aspect of his game as well)
2B - Sweet Lou - Arguably better than Trammell...but not as much of a HOF/media darling (Honorable mention - Roberto Alomar...just loved every aspect of his game)
3B - George Brett
SS - Trammell (honorable mention - Derek Jeter as we were recruited in the same class at UM)
OF - Rickey Henderson
OF - Ty Cobb
OF - Kaline
DH - Miggy - Triple crown for Tigers...nuff said