View Single Post
Old 10-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Yawn, interesting as it’s mostly former baseball people that put the borderline guys in you seem to have a problem with.

I’m usually pretty suspicious of any “let’s kill the media” sentiments. It’s generally just an excuse to democratize idiocy, misinformation, conspiracy theory and intimidation.

Falls in line with us marginalizing experts who get things right 9 times out of 10, in favor of loudmouth pundits who guess right 1 out of 10, and are treated as prophets by some.
Agree 100% Harold Baines (I hate picking on him but he's usually the punching bag for small Hall advocates) was voted in by a group that had mostly ex-players and execs...

Quote:
The 16-person Today's Game Committee consisted of Hall of Famers Roberto Alomar, Bert Blyleven, Pat Gillick, Tony La Russa, Greg Maddux, Joe Morgan, John Schuerholz, Ozzie Smith, and Joe Torre; major league executives Al Avila, Paul Beeston, Andy MacPhail, and Jerry Reinsdorf; and media members/baseball historians Steve Hirdt, Tim Kurkjian, and Claire Smith.