View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 10:31 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I note that early topps red ink heritage cards there was a sticker in the back that with an original number that topps could match up to determine if the card was legit

it looks like the later on the red ink cards there is no longer the sticker but just a scribbled on top of card 11/69 or whatever out of how many cards made.

who scribbles that? whats to prevent 2 cards both having 11/69 on them scribbled on that....not sure why they didnt make a real number as part of the card itself.... maybe there is more to it to protect the authenticity and forgive me on that and let me know....if not only a matter of time when we see two cards both with 11/69 on them no?
It doesn’t make sense that they would. First, the auto cards are differently printed and say “certified autograph issue”, so someone can’t take a base card and turn it into a fake red ink auto.

The majority of the cards will appear for public sale as few open to keep anymore. The big names are followed very closely every year. If Topps produced twice as many, 2 with each number, say, then we’d quickly catch them at it and Blowout would be going nuts over the two different 11/73’s of the same player. It’s never happened.

Also, it could get Topps into legal trouble. The pack odds come out about right to have the correct number of each one as compared to every other numbered insert. As I understand it, they are required to disclose the odds of what they advertise as being possible. Intentionally lying about it could, as I understand it and I am not a lawyer, get them into hot water for little to no gain.