View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 01:06 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
That is super-interesting, and I think it is a valuable service ebay is providing.

This would give me more confidence in purchasing from a seller that has a "No Returns" policy.

I was under the impression that the only thing ebay had been doing was verifying the accuracy of the listing's title/description and then sending the card off to verify it's authenticity. I didn't realize they were also checking to see if the listing's title/description OMITTED anything important, such as a defect that was not shown in the pictures.
Maybe Ebay is in a sense verifying the accuracy of the listing's title/description by ensuring that there are no hidden errors or omissions being kept from the buyer. For example, showing just the front of a card and listing it as selling "as is", with no mention of back damage nor an image of the back included in the listing, is a definite (and likely intentional) inaccurate listing in my book. A seller not mentioning or showing such an obvious flaw, and then trying to hide behind the "as is" clause, is just the kind of crap I can see Ebay not wanting to get stuck in the middle of, or really wanting to be a party to. I can see Ebay giving money back to disgruntled buyers, and not always being able to get it back from the sellers due to their "as is" description and listing. The savings Ebay can thereby realize from such an authentication program may be one reason why they haven't needed to start charging for it.............yet.