View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 11:15 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Do we feel any better about it if it's a nonpaying bidder? Some moron who decided that they just had to beat you to win the auction, and then realizes that they actually aren't willing to pay that much?

I suppose the intent is a bit different. But they would both piss me off equally, if for somewhat different reasons.
It matters to me. Obviously I am willing to pay my top bid for the card. But I think ethics matter, and I do not deal with scammers and fraudsters no matter what cards they are offering me at what price (including most auction houses). A seller shilling and cheating me to get my max bid to offer me the card at my max price is unethical. It makes me decide they can piss off and I won’t buy it at any price.

If another bidder ruined the auction for the seller, somebody still did wrong but that person is not the seller. We are both victims by the jackass in this situation. Thus I have no problem forking over my bid to the seller, who did nothing wrong.

I certainly understand not caring and paying it in either case because you are willing to pay that price, but I value not giving money to crooks more than I do getting the card.

Last edited by G1911; 11-16-2022 at 11:15 AM. Reason: Typo