Thread: eBay message
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 12:40 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Maybe 620 dollars of 1099 enforcement is why we need 87000 IRS hires?
Though as I pointed out in my previous post that the lowered reporting threshold will increase the workload of the IRS, I'm assuming you meant this as a type of joking/satirical statement or comment, and certainly not as a type of veiled political comment, right?

And just to be very clear and honest, and so that no one mistakenly takes what you said as even remotely serious, the IRS has been severely underfunded and staffed for quite a few years now, and actually more like decades. The recently passed bill to increase their funding during the remainder of this decade is primarily to finally address their severely lacking technical capabilities and systems, and at least try to get them into the 21st century, allow them to be able to replace and train the tens of thousands of IRS employees set to retire in the coming years, and yes, hire some additional people (not the ridiculously and politically proposed 87,000 figure) so the IRS can finally do the work they're supposed to do on behalf of the taxpaying public, like actually answering the phone when someone calls with a question (and the person taking the call actually being able to answer the question).