Thread: Ebay museum day
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 11:16 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBB View Post
I agree , some sellers refuse to budge on price... Id love to hear a few dealers/ sellers response to this thread ( Im sure many ebay sellers/ card show sellers/etc..are members here)

Would the response be -

" I cant afford to take a loss on this card " or something else ?
I’m not a dealer, but I do have museum prices on a handful of items on eBay. I certainly don’t represent every seller on eBay who is asking museum prices, but I’m happy to share my perspective.

The answer for why I do it is simple. For a handful of items in my collection that I’m willing to sell, while I’m willing to sell them, I’m not motivated to sell. And if someone wants to pay my asking price, then I’ll sell. And if not, then I’m happy to keep it in my collection. And the fact that I pay nothing to have it listed on eBay means that I can leave it up in perpetuity without having to worry about a cost to keep it listed.

Since I’m not a dealer, it’s not like this is my livelihood. If nothing sells, I don’t have to eat ramen and cat food for the next month. So my economic pressures are different than someone who really is a dealer with rent and overhead to pay to keep the lights on.

You didn’t ask, but I’ll volunteer that from time to time, people will pay my price, or something close to it. So it’s not like the entire exercise is a waste of everyone’s time.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel