View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
The guy literally has a nazi memorabilia collection. I’m not crying that he’s not in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't really see why people keep talking about Schilling in terms of his opinions or past behaviors. He's not in because he's not a HOFer. He had 10 years on the ballot and 10 years's worth of writers didn't pick him. Now he's had another chance and a 16 member committee, made up of people whose political leanings you cannot possibly know, who come from different lanes of baseball, across different generations, including fellow contemporary HOFers; not one group of people has ever come together and elected him.

I don't think it's realistic to suggest he has done one thing, or two things, or three things that have united all these people against him. Maybe they just don't think he's a HOFer and that's why he's not in the HOF. And that's all that these people, an ever changing group of them who have been voting on his candidacy since 2013, have in common.

"He's not in because he's not a HOFer." Circular logic. His numbers and big moments show him as a clear HOFer. He's not in due to politics.