View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 01:37 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I wasn't criticizing him, he picked the rational choice. He can perjure, become the scapegoat they were looking for and possibly face prosecution, or just deflect. Palmeiro chose perjury, McGwire chose to deflect and pick the safest route. Makes sense. I'd probably do the same.

I'm not aware of any evidence McGriff used that he would need to deny. Not that a denial means anything, I have noticed little correlation between what people say and actual truth.
Criticize away because the players that chose to participate in it knew what they were doing and opened themselves up when the first injection or pill was taken. I looked at McGwires not choosing to answer as "guilty" because anybody that understands PEDs and users knew what was going on.

I can still remember Arnold Schwarzenegger denying his use of steroids when he started to rapidly bulk up. A few years later he just came out and admitted it because he probably knew people were going to figure it out in time.