View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 01:08 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
I realized I forgot to include my choice in the initial post. I think the 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson has huge upside. It's exactly as scarce as the iconic Mickey Mantle, is iconic in its own right, and is currently miles behind in price. I'm not saying it's going to surpass the Mantle, but I think it deserves to be much closer in value than it is currently.

I also think Jackie is the most important player in baseball history, which means he has staying power, and his stature will only grow relative to his peers.

Very simply it's an iconic card, from an iconic set, featuring the most important player of all time, and is valued well below another similar card. Seems like a good recipe to me.
I think you nailed it here. I love Babe Ruth as much as anyone. It seems nothing and/or no one is going to catch up to Mantle or Wagner, though. The Babe and Ty Cobb would seem to fall in next in line. While I personally like his 1950 Bowman card best of all his cards, I realize how iconic the 1952 Topps set is to most people, and I would think given how important he is, the 1952 Jackie Robinson would be a no-brainer. Willie Mays likewise. We'll surely see. I am no expert, or investor.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***