View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 01:55 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
I'm not looking for investment discussion, I'm just asking out of genuine curiosity. Everyone has a card they think is undervalued by the market, and is due to take off in price. Which card do you think will have the highest percentage increase in value over the next 10 years? Feel free to explain your reasoning if you want to.
If we’re talking percentage increase, then it seems like the most likely suspects would be cards that are currently valued at nothing or something that rounds to nothing. It wouldn’t have to shoot up by much for the percentage increase to be pretty staggering.

In some ways, it’s not that different than an investing competition back in business school. To get the highest returns, the winners almost always invested in penny stocks, simply because if it goes nuts, then your percentage returns are astronomical.

Hard to pick just one, since so many pieces from the 80s and newer fall into this category. But maybe pick some fringe HOFer’s card from the junk wax era, ungraded, but hopefully will grade strong if the value takes off. If you wanted to take a shotgun approach, then buy up cases of unopened wax from this era and see what takes off. Then crack them open and hope you get lucky when something goes nuts.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel