View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 11:50 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

If you don't bid them up, my apologies. I thought you had bid on the one in REA, from one of your comments. It doesn't matter to me how you bid, or what you bid on. If someone (and I bet thousands do) want a particular card to stay at a level, they can buy them or bid whatever amount they want to. If I see a great card at a good price, I am possibly going to bid on it, even if I have a few already.

But the response was on target since we are talking about set breaks and you mentioned the T213-3 overprints. In a relatively thin market, dropping a lot of them out at once, would most likely depress the prices. That said, I guess in a break, the person doing the breaking actually sets the value vis a vis the ticket price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobba View Post
Hi Leon,

Not really sure I get the meaning of your post. I don't believe the value of a few overprints out of a set of 70 has much to do with my decision to do a set break. I was simply commenting on a few of the cards in the set that were special, no more no less.

What troubles me more is the connotation that my bidding pattern is artificially driving up prices for certain cards. Suggesting I am "bidding up" cards doesn't strike me as a positive practice, and since it's only a "guess" on your part I find it even more irksome. The overprints come up quite infrequently, however one did just trade in the REA auction. I took the liberty of taking a screenshot of the bidding, trying my best to hide my bidder ID while still showing the higher bids which stretched all the way to $2000 (pre-BP), none of which I was a part of above $800. So, I am not protecting, artificially inflating or otherwise manipulating prices in any way. Perhaps I am being overly sensitive to your comments, but it felt like the thrust of your comment was aimed at my bidding of t213-3 overprint cards when this thread is entirely about something else.

Rob

Last edited by Leon; 12-14-2022 at 12:36 PM.