View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 04:23 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
To me, "overlooked" indicates a non-HOFer. My under-appreciated player is Dave Concepcion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post
But to answer the question of the OP, oddly, Troy Glaus was the first name to come to mind. But after a minute of thinking, Lance Parrish. So many guys are great for not quite long enough, and then they get sort of erased from memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Albert Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
George Brett - For just kind of being forgotten about and never mentioned after his retirement. Those last three years were rough, but he had an incredible run his entire career. And now you only ever hear him discussed in the context of the Pine Tar game

Salmon should get some more nods than he does. Not an HOFer by any means, but posted fantastic numbers for a decade and only retired after injury. But yet, never gets mentioned in the discussion around the 90s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus View Post
Bernie Williams
Concepcion and these 90s guys are all great suggestions.

Other 90s names that popped into my head are: Sean Casey and Paul Konerko.

I always debated whether I would prefer the Reds have Konerko rather than Casey.

I also debated whether the Reds should have kept Edwin Encarnacion rather than trade for Scott Rolen.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo