View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelly423 View Post
I've decided to make a run at the 1952 Topps set. I've added an additional layer to my misery by setting out to only centred examples (45-55 or better) of every card.

'm sure many of you have taken the same approach and collected this set (or at least a portion of it), so I'm looking for some advanced scouting. Which cards were the hardest to find entered. I know the centring is generally awful in this set, but I figure there must be at least a few cards that are nearly impossible to find with the centring I'm looking for
Hey Sean,

Good luck with your hunt! I started my '52 Topps set in earnest about 2 years ago with the same intent of getting only well-centered cards for my collection. I'm only about a quarter of the way through it so far, but I'm pretty happy with the cards that I've been able to pick up - and I think that you will be too in choosing this route.

I've found that a good rule of thumb to follow is by looking at the PSA set weights for individual cards (i.e. if it's a common with a weight of 3 or more - it's a good chance that card is hard to find centered). Dale and Ted brought up several of them earlier; Gordon Goldsberry and Chico Carrasquel would be a couple more that I would add.

Here's a few pics of some from my set :