View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 10:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I know it may sound like a stretch, but what about the SGC Mantle 9.5 that sold for 12.5 or so. What if a few years down the road the case becomes damaged and SGC decides to re-grade to put in a new holder and the rocket scientist that's doing the grading decides it is now a 9? Could the .5 of a point cost the owner a Million or so?

When a grading company charges a fee to grade a card - they should stand behind that grade and not arbitrarily decide to regrade it at a later date - period. Maybe start putting the date of grading on the label?

What if, like Beckett, the data is compromised, lost, or manipulated in some way? Where's the liability?
To be fair after being in a SGC holder for a few years it could become a 6. Just hope that the black insert doesn't harm the card from being cut horribly. I have got away from grading mostly but when I was addicted SGC was my drug of choice. I have had a few cards harmed by a badly cut insert.

Not sure if they stand behind their product harming a card. I just took it as a learning experience and moved on.