View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 03:26 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Bob, you raise an interesting point on PSA's practice of uploading additional fees when a cards value exceeds whatever price threshold they determine.

I guess my question is what criteria do they use to determine a card's value?I think most would agree that their SMR is sorely out-of-date, so do they refer to VCP? And wouldn't there be a conflict of interest that the grader might push a valuable card's grade a smidge higher over the threshold mark in order to generate more fees?
John, if memory serves, when you look at the policies they post on their site (which I think you posted the link to), when it comes to determining value in cases where there is a refund or payment to be made by them, doesn't it state something along the lines of that determination being "at their sole discretion"?

From the way it seems TPGs word their agreements and contracts, if you agree to have them do work/provide services for you, you may be giving up the right to any fair and impartial determination of values and damages, and basically give them all the power to decide what and how they want a situation to be decided, if an issue ever arises.