View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 02:04 PM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
I might be a cycling elitist, but I am biased after being rear-ended and having my bike wrecked by an e-biker who wasn't paying attention.

That was in a busy urban area though, so I wouldn't have a problem with sharing the paths in more open areas, as long as people are aware of their surroundings. And don't get me started on distracted car and truck drivers! (There are cyclists who are total a**holes too, of course)
I don't blame your reaction to getting hit by an e-biker who wasn't paying attention, I would be upset too.

When I say "cycling elitist", I'm more referring to the people who are on standard bicycles who pass me and yell/give me the finger/glare at me just for riding an e-bike.

I am hyper aware when I'm riding mine and I always slow down when I see someone approaching (cyclist or pedestrian), but I realize there are bad eggs out there. They aren't all that way though, I did have a cyclist follow close behind me for quite a few miles one time and thanked me for the draft lol.