View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 01:31 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
Mail order through ads in publications.
So any idea where the thinking they were given away as premiums with the purchase of $0.05 loaves of bread came from then? Or was that possibly in addition to the sale through ads and publications? Also, I thought the BF2 large premium pennants were available after submitting something like 50 bread coupons for one. The reference to bread coupons would seem to indicate that a bakery may very well have been involved in their distribution after all.

I have never heard or seen anywhere that these BF2 pennants, though using the same black and white images from the M101-5 set produced by Felix Mendelsohn, were not then distributed by the Ferguson Bakery company out or Roxbury, Mass. I know the Old Cardboard and Pre-War Cards sites both name and show them as being issued by the Ferguson Bakery company, as do the Krause/SCD catalogs. Are the any sites or other sources that show and provide evidence that these BF2 pennants never had anything to do with the Ferguson Balery company? Would love to see/hear of any you can provide/link to. Thanks.