Thread: Card conundrum
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2023, 01:29 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlsonjok View Post
The OP was awkwardly worded, but if I sussed it out correctly, you got a $1000 card mistakenly included in a lot that would otherwise be worth $350. The notion that the valuable card fits within the technical description of the lot strikes me as motivated reasoning. You are trying to lawyer your way into surreptitiously taking advantage of the seller's second error while concurrently trying to get him to make correct his original error (unrelated to the valuable card.)

From here, there is only one question that has to be asked and only one person who can answer it. That question is, assuming you keep the valuable card without telling the dealer, whether you can feel good about it when you look at yourself in the mirror. I couldn't, but I've always been something of a stuffed shirt.
I can certainly agree that the 1st post was not worded well. However, there is no possible way to know if this $1k card was intentionally or mistakenly included in the lot. On my end, this card was merely unexpected. Clearly this seller has problems accurately describing the contents of the lots offered, perhaps the seller's only error was not mentioning in the second lot's description that this $1k card was included. Either way, I decided to keep the NAD lot without a discount, viewing both lots as a single transaction.

So, I feel just fine looking in the mirror when receiving a card with higher-than-expected value, in which the card aligns with the listing's description, without reaching out to the seller to confirm it was indeed supposed to be included in the lot. It's understandable that not everyone would agree with this stance.

However, if this seller were to contact me and disclose that this card was sent in error and I denied that I had the card or ignored the seller's message altogether, yes, I would not feel good about my decision. Since I have received no messages on this topic from the seller, again, I feel just fine about my decision to keep the card w/o me contacting them.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 03-01-2023 at 01:34 PM.