View Single Post
Old 03-02-2023, 06:23 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarti5051 View Post
I 100% agree with the part about Ukraine appealing to Americans by pointing out that they are a huge underdog to a world power that is attacking them mercilessly and further pointing out that alot of NATO countries that are former USSR territories could result in USA being "forced" to be involved with troops on the ground.

I disagree with your assertion that you originally posted that the quote you used was "posted out of context." You claimed, as did the Twitter poster, that Zelinskyy was calling upon America to send fresh troops to Ukraine to fight Russia. That is just flat out false, and if you read your own post, nowhere in there do I see any effort to clarify that the quote is false. Instead, you specifically reference an equally false quote from JamesPhillips on Twitter. When called out on it, you, like JamesPhillips, basically double down by saying you know it is out of context and false, but it doesn't matter because you believe that is what he meant or that he is just trying to scare Americans. No, if you are going to quote somebody, quote them in context and correctly, not what you are trying to extrapolate from what they are saying to support a position.
Well, I understand your point but if you watch the vid, Zelenskyy says the U.S. "will" have to send troops, not they must send them. I gathered from the tidbit he was alluding what was to come "if" not now but I can see how it can be misconstrued like that.

And LOL on Russia attacking Ukraine "Mercilessly" You should educate yourself on what Zelenskyy and Ukraine are doing to it's own citizens, especially blacks, gays and other minorities/ethnicities.