View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 03:16 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
He will, of course, be unable to show anywhere in the law where it criminalizes recognizing that blacks have been discriminated against. He clearly didn’t read the part of the law that actually stipulates it *must* be taught. False claims about the law indeed!
222 (4)(a) It shall constitute discrimination on the basis of
223 race, color, national origin, or sex under this section to
224 subject any student or employee to training or instruction that
225 espouses, promotes, advances, inculcates, or compels such
226 student or employee to believe any of the following concepts:

233 3. A person's moral character or status as either
234 privileged or oppressed is necessarily determined by his or her
235 race, color, national origin, or sex.

258 (b) Paragraph (a) may not be construed to prohibit
259 discussion of the concepts listed therein as part of a larger
260 course of training or instruction, provided such training or
261 instruction is given in an objective manner without endorsement
262 of the concepts.

Saying a person's status as oppressed is determined by his/her color is a concept as defined by the law. That concept cannot be endorsed. A book saying Roberto Clemente was discriminated against because he was black is endorsing a concept that is forbidden by the law.

Now, in regards to your other comment, it is true, I have not read "the part of the law that actually stipulates it [discrimination against black people] *must* be taught."

But that's only because there is nothing in the law that stipulates that discrimination against blacks must be taught. Talk about "False claims about the law indeed."

What does the law actually stipulate be taught? The history of African peoples before the political conflicts that led to the development of slavery, the passage to America, the enslavement experience, abolition, and the contributions of African Americans to society. I don't see anything in that that is the equivalent to discrimination against blacks must be taught. Unless of course you think discriminating against blacks is part of the contributions blacks made/make to society. Post slavery, the only thing that is stipulated to be taught about blacks is their contributions. If I missed something, please point it out because I do not see anything stipulating that the history of discrimination against blacks should be taught.