Thread: Saying Hello!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Good afternoon, JKPolk, welcome to card collecting and the Net54 forum!

I can only offer you advice. Though I never aspired to collect "THE MONSTER", I have collected off and on since 1961, and hope I can give you some sound reasoning.

You're excited! You're pumped to get collecting. This is when you're vulnerable, though you have narrowed down your focus of what you want to collect in T206. Be careful; you might change your mind. Go to a large or semi-large sports card show. Take your time examining what's out there. There's nothing like seeing a large variety of T206s in the flesh. Save your money, for now.

Sounds like you're gravitating to graded cards with good eye appeal---good for you! Just try to make sure you know yourself and what really pushes your button before you get in too deep.

Glad you're a Yankees fan; I've had fun collecting some of Aaron Judge's cards I find appealing. They cannot possibly appreciate, but I had a lot of fun enjoying his journey throughout 2022. With current card producers making a kazillion different cards of Aaron since his career began, I'm left with choosing what attracts my eye, as you for T206.

So my collecting bro, have fun, lots a fun! --- Brian Powell
This is great advice thank you so much! We have a local show here monthly with about 40 tables, I go to quite frequently but I haven't taken too much time with the vintage tables.