View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 05:24 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Not wanting to disparage what any of have said about GM's supposed slow shipping sometimes, but did/have any of you ever bothered to read and pay attention to the topic of combined shipping in the FAQ section of all GM's listings on Ebay? It pretty clearly states that they offer combined flat S&H rates to the U.S. and Canada for all cards won WITHIN A SEVEN (7) DAY PERIOD. And since they seem to list tons of cards on Ebay pretty much every day, to be able to offer such a service to ALL their customers, and because they likely have many people winning multiple cards from them over multiple days quite a bit, they pretty much have to automatically wait a week or so after you've initially won something from them to see if you end up winning any more of their cards. That way they can combine and ship your winnings so as to SAVE YOU MONEY on combined S&H charges.

But not a one of you people posting seems to have recognized (or comprehended) this actually very good thing they do to help and potentially benefit their customers. Good lord, you have a seller that pretty much does a great job in everyone's opinion, yet they still get criticized for doing something for their overall customer's benefit. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't it seems. Wow, just wow!
They only wait a week if you don't send payment before then. Once I pay for any card or cards I've won from them, that starts their shipping process since they only offer the combined shipping before any payment is sent. I usually get a notification that my order has shipped within a day or two after sending payment.

I am used to it taking several days from when I get a notification that my cards have shipped until they actually show as received by the USPS, but the explanation about the scan form and the large volume of packages they send out at once makes the delay understandable. It has to take a while to process everything that they deliver to the USPS.