View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 08:47 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarti5051 View Post
I think the difference is that politics has become very weaponized. Everybody has a side, and nobody is really budging from their side. So, any discussion of politics devolves into an impossible “tastes great” vs “less filling” screamfest. The TPG debates involve a hobby specific topic that does not generally rest on a poster’s political preference.

So, rather than searching for “fault” regarding taxes, it is far more productive to discuss what the current laws are snd how to navigate them (at least on a vintage card message board).
These could be part of the "unwritten rules" of the forum, unless of course they're written somewhere, and I just haven't read them.

It does seem like discussing policy is fine. But once you start mentioning specific politicians and/or political parties by name, even if only in passing and/or in relatively benign fashion, then you're in the danger zone.

And maybe in some ways, as we see politics permeating every other sphere of life, where just about absolutely everything is political nowadays (sadly, including sports), this policy could be an attempt to avoid allowing politics to similarly taint our discourse on this site.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel