View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 10:34 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
He primarily sells commonly found single cards with many copies up on eBay at any given time. I can frequently find BIN's on cards in the same grade or even higher sitting there for less than Morris manages to sell the same card for.
100% agree...if you solely buy at GM and don't know what the cards should max out at, you can easily overspend...which I am sure is wonderful for those who consign with him. When I am looking at multiple bids of a certain year I'm attacking (lately it's been the quest to continually upgrade my sets), I will go in and put my max bid early...and then let the chips fall where they may. I may bid on 30 cards...and maybe only win 2 to 4 cards...sometimes more, sometimes I win none...but when I do win it's a deal. You just can't get caught up watching those auctions end and bid on pride or the competition of it all, which I know what the seller/consigner is hoping for. I just check at the end and see the damage, ignoring all the "you've been outbid" notices...haha.

I can tell you that I do often get some killer deals this way, and it's fun to see what I end up with.

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03