View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 01:30 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
As a few have mentioned, finding a centered Banks RC is extremely difficult. The design of the card has his name and team logo higher up than it is for other players. It's also commonly miscut to the top, which is a terrible combo for those seeking centered copies. The other challenge though with this card is that it's difficult to settle on what exactly a "centered" copy of it looks like. I have a complete set of 54 Topps that are all centered (a rather laborious project). I've had a few different copies of the Banks over the years which fit various definitions of "centered" for this card. The one I've landed on focuses more on how the top looks than the bottom (which is different from how I gauge centering on the other cards in this set). I think this looks best since it has a white background. If if had a colored background like most cards in the set, then I wouldn't pay as much attention to the top.

Finding a centered Hank Aaron RC from this set is also very difficult. Although the Kaline RC is extremely easy to find centered. It's probably the easiest card in the entire set to find centered for some reason.

Funny, even on the centered Banks Rookies, the font at the top of the card looks like it's flinching back from the oncoming cutting machine blades.