View Single Post
Old 04-30-2023, 04:20 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayZim13 View Post
I watched all 6 episodes.
I didn't realize that I was just watching a show about Ken Goldin's massive ego.
I thought we would see more interaction on how they actually got the Jackie Robinson collectibles.
The last episode that had the massive collection in the attic was interesting but really wanted to see how they planned on actually selling it.
Every item that they were negotiating for came up with a 20% commission. I assume they meant the sellers commission. What seller in their right mind wouldn't discuss bringing the commission either way down or to zero for a key auction item?
I'll keep watching-because there isn't much on the tube these days.
^^^^^^^^ After watching all six, this is the post I most identify with ^^^^^^^^^^^

The last 2 minutes of Episode 6 pretty much say it all.... that man has an ego that knows no bounds. I suppose he deserves credit for building his "empire" but it's just not my cup of tea.

So much of the show was scripted/staged that it's hard to know what was real and what's not. At least they didn't feature Ty Cobb's dentures, and I give them credit for that!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos

Last edited by perezfan; 04-30-2023 at 05:09 PM.