View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 02:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I agree totally Peter. There is a selfish reason for me. I rarely, rarely, prospect on new players. However, I thought with Rooker it was a sure thing so I purchased several of his cards. He didn't work out with the Twins and was traded to the Padres - I kept the faith and purchased more of his cards. He was traded to the Royals - I kept the faith and purchased more of his cards. He was let go from the Royals - I was really second guessing my decision - however, I kept buying his cards. The Athletics picked him up. I thought it was over and ready to dump what I had purchased and maybe recoup 5-10% of what I invested.

I have my fingers crossed that he continues! I would hate to sell all my 1/1 for $1!!!!
Well good luck, but I am pretty confident in saying he is not the best hitter in baseball, not even close. At 28 I doubt he's destined to be a star either. He's more likely a guy who's just having a hot month. Think Cody Bellinger, and he had a much better track record.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-05-2023 at 02:40 PM.