View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 03:25 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by darwinbulldog View Post
I'll take that bet and win. I'd pick Propagandas Montiel over Bond for Musial, but I'd also take Bond over Bowman. That of course is the less attractive Bond set, not the Jackie only Bond set, but even so, I'd rather have an earlier and rarer card than a '48 Bowman. (I have owned all 3 but no longer have any of them.) And as I've said before, Propagandas Montiel "cards" aren't cards at all, so the Bond has a good claim to being Stan Musial's rookie card if you don't count postcards either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I bet if a poll was offered for the Bond Musial or ‘48 Bowman, just about everyone opts for the Bowman. (Although many will prefer the Leaf, which is clearly not a rookie choice but could still be his preferred choice much as the ‘52 Topps Mantle is.
Talk about an under appreciated player. Musial's cards are worth a song compared to his peers. I picked up a graded round corner Bond Bread Musial in 2020 for almost nothing; it had paper loss on the back from a scrapbook but no damage on the front. I like the B&W and the fielding pose. But I do like the Leaf card, and one day I hope I just happen upon it and can't say no. Between the two I think I'd still choose the Bond Bread. The Leaf has too many possibilities of a misprint with the color. Sometimes I think I'm looking at 3D cards when I look at Leaf.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo