View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 06:15 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
The statistical analysis was devastating, and Clemons' defense that he somehow just had a better eye than anyone else in the world was beyond absurd.

For the unfamiliar, the bottom line is that according to the analysis Clemons, a former Beckett employee, receives an astonishing, unfathomable percentage of the cards Beckett designates "Black Label" (all 4 subs 10) that can only be explained by favoritism.
Or he hacked the system and changed the grades. Worked for Ferris Bueller's attendance record.

I don't see a problem with graders being collectors. It isn't like they are going to pocket the cards for their PCs. The problem is if the graders receive preferential treatment on their own subs.

The basic problem is our assumption that grading is a blind process performed by the pure at heart in monks' cells. It isn't. Never has been, especially at the National or any other on-site venue. I've had collectors and graders bring me in to look at boxing cards right in front of grading booths at the National. No anonymity there.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-25-2023 at 06:20 PM.