View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 09:29 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksoncoupage View Post
This doesn't explain them being non-sticker backs. It is likely a salesman sample. OPC probably printed the full non-adhesive sheets, chopped them down and sent them out with their sales people.

Plus, uncut sheets of 80s O-Pee-Chee (or Topps) stickers are not common at all, in fact, I can only recall seeing one severely beat 1989 sheet which suggests to me that it was a dumpster "find" and it had the adhesive sticker backs.
I will definitely say that uncut OPC is not as common but there is a seller on eBay that does sell these items by the ton. I am not sure where they get so much uncut OPC, but they are located in Canada. They actually have quite a bit of uncut but cut down stickers now. 1988 football, but these could have come from them.

https://www.ebay.com/str/bbking13

It would not be surprising if they were salesman samples, but being non sticker makes me lean a smidge more to back door scrap sheets as test runs. Plain material is likely cheaper to use than decal sheet. But again I am just guessing.

As to the poster, maybe a message to this seller to ask if they sold this and if they have some history?

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.