View Single Post
Old 06-28-2023, 02:13 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I just feel like the criticisms are out of whack. Judge hit 62 homers and his OPS+ was 212. He was twice as good as the average player in the league.

Even if he put up those numbers again once during the lifetime of his contract, who else in the league is capable of doing that at all?

You can't fault the Yankees for signing him or the price they paid to do it. There wasn't really an alternative for the fan base and there are only a few select players in his class when he's on the field.
The Yankees were damned if they did, damned if they didn't, when it came to deciding whether or not to sign Judge.

People throw around the amount of money he got, it's a staggering amount for sure. But the Yankees as a sports franchise are worth something like 7 Billion dollars? They're a global brand, at this point. Money is really no option. I don't think anyone can deny the talent Judge has, and when he's healthy he delivers.

I also agree, these are freak injuries. It's not like he has some reccuring chronic injury, it's not some form of condition. The guy hustled to make an incredible play, crashed into a wall and got hurt. We always talk about wanting to see players give there all, well he did, and this is what happened.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.