View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 10:59 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3arod13 View Post
Do you see less value in an autographed index card, compared to other items autographed? Example would be, an autographed 1953 Mickey Mantle Card compared to an autographed Mickey Mantle Index Card. Both signatures are really nice. The signature on the index card is perfectly centered, but no inscription.

Myself, I think an autographed 1953 Mickey Mantle Card would be much nicer than an index card. However, some collectors look at it as an autograph on a card devalues the card value somewhat. But I've also seen really nice autographs on index cards, yet, someone bought and preferred a fading autograph on a card, photo, etc.

This purchase would be a high dollar investment $12,000 to $15,000. It's for me to enjoy for now, but to also sell one day. I would hate to invest in an autographed index card, if the desire of collectors isn't that great.

Thanks!
A 53 Topps Mantle or 53 Bowman with Autograph would be my choice. I would not pay more than $300 Doll Hairs for a Mantle on an index card. 10-15K for a card seems like about right for a nice one. I'd be buying a PSA Graded card with a PSA Graded signature spending that much. That's what the collectors want these days and that protects you somewhat.

I like these 8 x 10's better than cards for signatures and they can be had for 1/10 or less than the card. I don't really want or need my 53 Mantle cards signed. Good Luck!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mickey Mantle 8x10 UD0001.jpg (189.3 KB, 264 views)