View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 10:39 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Wow....Just Wow... what an awesome, amazing,incredible story. Let me see if I have this stright
1- You sold me a Lebron James card with a Forged signature.
2- I submit it the PSA and they fail it.
3- I show it to a couple guys who deal in Lebron Signatures and they both say No Good in a heartbeat.
4- I contact you and say it failed authentication..you say I am not surprised.
5- I send the card back to you. It takes awhile but eventually I get my original purchase price of $145 back.
6- Then, You Tom Rebert then trade this same card, to an Advanced Autograph Collector. Who says it Doesn't look like Lebrons signature but I will give You FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS IN TRADE FOR IT.

That is such an incredible and of course 100% believable story. Why wouldn't an Advanced Lebron Collector pay you such an incredibly large amout over market value for a signature that he says doesn't match other known examples. He could go on Ebay right now and have his choice of more than 15 Differant Upper Deck pack issued Autographed cards graded by Beckett or PSA for between Two and Three Thousand Dollars. But it makes perfect sense he would overpay by Thousands of dollars for a signature he told you did not match other signatures, with no certification, it happens all the time.
I know your name is Tom Rebert but are you Tom Tom the Pipers son? Related in any way to Jack and the beanstalk? Have an uncle named Gandolf?

If your story were true I would bet the fires in a certin Missouri Trailor park would burn late into the night after you closed that deal. I know you said right here on Net54 that you have never had to steal to make a living but it sure sounds like a lucrative hobby. If your story was true.
But as I said in the begining it is a great story. A story I am going to take great pleasure in telling over and over again. Not just here but in other places were sports collectors gather to share tales of charlatans, ne'er do wells and the odd Scum bag.