View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 10:48 AM
Val Kehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
I don't even know why SGC is going if they're not grading on site. It's in many peoples opinion that SGC is so efficient at what they do at their Headquarters in Florida what's the point of them even going if they have to just send your cards back with them to Florida to get graded. Just mail them yourself, you liable to have them graded and sent back to you by the following week. If it's really what's cost effective for SGC, seems to be man people's argument as to why they're not grading on site at the National why not slim it down and cut their costs even more.
Johnny, IMHO, SGC's point in setting up at the National is simply to both have a presence and to accept submissions. I am one of those collectors who, if at all possible, will avoid shipping valuable cards to both TPGs and auction houses to avoid the risk of loss or damage, as well as save the cost of shipping. Fortunately for me, both SGC and REA set up at the thrice-yearly Chantilly Show (I live 10 miles from this show).
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.