View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 07:28 PM
Stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I have 4 sets of every set from 1980 through, at least, 1990. Probably have 1991. I have a million Strawberry and Mattingly Donruss rookies too lol. So, you’d pull the rookie cards? Are they even worth anything? I could sell 4 Rickey’s and make $400?
Yes, early 80s cards are kind of like how 70s cards were 10-15 years ago. There's demand for the stars and actually some set builders putting them together (centering or printing quirks are pretty key for these guys). I do not think the same will happen with the late 80s cards due to over production, but could see their demand increasing over the years ("Junk Wax" is more like 1994-1999 now)

Here's what I would do if I were you - Sell the 1980-85 Sets individually; figure out a flat rate box where you would be comfortable with and charge that for shipping (should be able to fit 2-5 sets in some, depending on size/how you pack it). You'd definitely get bites on a post here and I'm sure they would move on eBay. I would then pick the rookies and stars from the later sets; sell those in lots, low-end has heavy demand right now, so you should have no trouble getting rid of them. Then just stuff the rest in a flat rate and auction it - you'd be surprised at what you get for a picked through box stuffed of late 80s/early 90s commons

Last edited by Smanzari; 07-13-2023 at 07:31 PM.