View Single Post
Old 07-17-2023, 10:15 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHoneyToast View Post
Here are a few, some obtainable, some not

-Have a dinner with Matty & Walter Johnson, or spend a week with them at the lake. They seem like guys who are low key that would be great to know better. Maybe gather a Texas Holdem Game together, I bet Tris Speaker would enjoy that!

-Be a fly on the wall in the New York Giants clubhouse after Merkle’s boner. I could just hear John McGraw now screaming, mainly thanks to the book, the Celebrant

-Would love to go to a National. Don’t have the funds now, but eyeing a potential 2025 trip.

-go back in time to save Doc Powers life by encouraging him to be a doctor and not play baseball.

-Card wise, the T206 Matty white cap is a dream. It’s not a big card, and I could theoretically trade or sell away for it now, but I love the cards I have and would rather keep what I have and build my funds up slowly.

-Find an undiscovered lot of T206 cards. I have had multiple dreams now of this happening… how cool would it be to search in the attic and come across hundreds of never seen before cards

-Find the connection between my family and Pud Galvin. Bearing his last name, I have a great uncle who grew up in the same part of STL as him. I haven’t had luck yet making the connection, but I think it’s there somehow… also would love to get an Old Judge Card of his.

-More hobby friends in the DFW area. The last two years in the hobby has been amazing and have met some wonderful people. Would love to get to know some more local hobby enthusiasts, so hit me up in you are in the metroplex and I’ll gladly buy you a cup of coffee to hear more of your card story!

Matt Galvin
one of the best replies yet. love it