Thread: Calm Down...
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 08:40 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
...it was, after all, against the Tigers.

LOL! Amazing!!

Is HE to the point where his name doesn't need to be mentioned?
I agree with the sentiment, however. I've seen other forums that I'm apart of, ready to anoint him the "Greatest of All Time" (Which in my opinion, doesn't exist, because of baseballs vast history), or I've seen people saying that if he retired today, he would go into the Hall of Fame (Doesn't have the years, nor the numbers)

Ohtani is fantastic for baseball, I love watching him. I do regret not buying his cards, but that's more of a knock against me, than against him! People seriously do need to calm down though. He's wonderful for the sport, he's increasing interest in it. People that don't even follow baseball, know who he is. All good things have come from his performance.

The cynic in me says that he's a ticking time bomb in terms of injuries. He's already had Tommy John, once. He's had surgery done on his left knee to repair patella damage. He exited the game citing "cramps" but it looked as if he was grabbing his side/oblique area on the trot of his second home run. Baseball, hell most sports nowadays, are a game of extremes. These players are pushing their bodies to the absolute limit, and he's doing it twofold. Something has to give.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.