Thread: DraftKings
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 09:15 PM
Rich v@n He$$

I have no issue with the general public betting out in the open. I absolutely DO have an issue with professional athletes betting on anything involving their own sport. I have an issue with professional athletes betting period, but Im willing to look the other way a bit when they bet on completely different sports.

Im a CPA. When I was in school we were taught and that we need to avoid even the APPEARANCE of compromised integrity. Professional athletes need to meet this standard as well for the good of the sport and the business it entails. Just because some guy on Main Street can bet $100 on the Saturday afternoon game does NOT in any way shape or form make it ok for an athlete to bet in their own damn sport. Not even close.

With that said, I learned today that it was possible to bet on the Little League World Series tournament (including earlier regional rounds). While I support this being "legal", I have serious, absolute, unwaivering judgment on anyone who does. I know they dont care, but good lord......reflect for a minute on your choices.

Ultimately, my point is that we are not all subjected to the same rules and we shouldnt be as our positions in life arent the same. Pete Rose can EAD even though some loser is betting his mortgage on 12 year old baseball games.