View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 08:16 AM
Mark Macrae

Mike, It appears that your 1971 pass is "unissued" as the recipient's name is missing. Once a pass is issued to a particular person (media, employee, guest, or otherwise), a pass is presented at a special ticket window or club office. The name / number is recorded (sometimes) and the recipient receives the ticket, or tickets, requested. I received the League and Association passes for many years, and used them every year. None of mine were ever marked or punched. And, since I'm a collector at heart, I stored my pass away in a mylar holder from the day I received it. None of mine show any wear, or indication of 'use', but I can assure you they were used often during the season. In addition to the passes that were issued to me, I have also collected over 100 different, both from the majors and minors. Clearly some of the earlier passes, which were usually made of paper, will exhibit wear. But most were cared for by the recipient. And, despite various semantics used, a pass is NOT a ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Obviously my focus is pretty narrow. However, I do like season passes and I prefer that they are unused. Nonetheless does anyone know how they were punched. This one is unused. The boarders are numbered 1-0. The 0 I surmise is a 10? How would you even know which game corresponds to each number? Do the numbers even signify games? This one has 100 numbers which obviously is more than total home games.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pass.jpg (76.2 KB, 187 views)