View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 01:47 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
I do not like that the players get paid while on administrative leave. For the first week I think they should get paid but if they need to extend it then that means they found something that potentially validates the claim.

To me the money should go in an escrow account and then if the player is cleared they get the money.

If the player is found guilty and the player will be suspended or whatever then the money is forfeited just like when they are suspend they lose that pay.

Never happen of course since the player association protects their players even during the worst of situations like domestic violence.
Admin leave outside of baseball has two paths, with pay and without. Without pay usually means you have done something against the company you work for, or is being used as a consequence of your actions which you admitted - or were caught red handed.

Leave with pay is because our Justice system stands behind "innocent until proven guilty." It would be totally wrong to remove his source of income that he needs to pay bail, lawyers, court fees etc while trying to prove his innocence. I'm sure his contract has some statement that the team can seek reparations if he breaks the terms of his contract. I'm sure there is some form of morality clause included seeing that Domestic Violence policy was signed in 2015. Rays can then take him to court to recover wages they paid during this time he was under investigation.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo