View Single Post
Old 08-22-2023, 02:11 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk400 View Post
I am a total novice when it comes to collecting for profit, so I would love to understand the logic behind those people who bought his refractor rookie cards for $200 to $300 over the past three days. Was the view that he would be exonerated and his reputation would remain intact? Seems like there really should be no bid. I mean, you can get Lawrence Taylor rookie cards for a fraction of what they should be worth because he got involved in the underage stuff. And this was after he made the HOF and was consensus top 1-3 as the best defender in NFL history.
People are often blind to logic. These are the same flippers or fans that are thinking they can buy the dip and get a card at a fraction of the price and it will return to normal. It's pure and utter speculation gambling. Yes, they are selling for 300 bucks in the dump off, however these exact same cards were selling for a minimum of 10 times that just weeks earlier.

If you are a novice and think he really could return, buying a 4-5k card on August 10th for just 300 bucks on August 17th seems like a steal. Really I see no chance for that holding as it dies down, but until a completion comes to the case people will still be trying to make a buck.

Hell, people are still buying Henry Ruggs III cards for 300 bucks if they are rare enough, look it up. People are just odd.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.