View Single Post
Old 08-26-2023, 08:43 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I'm gonna revise my statement and say maybe Ohtani could head to NY, but to the Mets.

I see what they did last night, Japanese Heritage Night.

Senga on the team, could also be a selling point.

Injury now is a blessing for the Mets. Other teams will offer less. Mets will write a blank check.

Baseball players in general are not very smart (look at Trout), they will take the most money then later regret not going to a place where they could win. Or be fooled like Cole into a sense you are going somewhere better, living in the past (& past reputation) rather then present.

So Mets very well could overpay and his agent who cares about his own check, will encourage that as well.

Tell him in 2025 when fully healthy we'll sign Bregman and a few others.

I think this injury really will help the Mets.
The Mets are also a likely destination for current Japanese star Yoshinobu Yamamoto, which couldn't hurt their case (unless he and Ohtani don't like each other or something).
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry