View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 12:58 AM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
It's about all you can say at this point in any major prospect's career. Obviously he has the talent, but it takes awhile to figure out if he has the plate discipline, the knowledge of the strike zone, the ability and good fortune to stay healthy, the patience to ride out the inevitable slumps, and above all else, the ability to consistently hit the breaking ball.

This sport is so much harder than other ones where it's much easier to predict success.
Personally, how you describe the growth curve, I don't think Cincinnati is a great spot for growth... and I'm a Reds fan. It's not NYY, but the front office does everything it can to rock the boat - chi, Feng Shue, etc etc - of every single player that they possess. On a hot streak? it's time to sit because a computer tells me that. Third baseman? time to play shortstop, second, leftfield, centerfield.... ROY? It's time to trade you.

It's a wonder to me that Joey Votto was able to succeed like he did when we've seen the disintegration of Reds' 5-tool and 4-tool prospects the last 5 years. This year the Reds ran everyone into the ground (tired) refusing to supplement at the trade deadline. I think Elly will succeed, but it'll be a fight every day.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo

Last edited by todeen; 09-04-2023 at 12:23 PM.