View Single Post
Old 09-17-2023, 11:16 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Default Leland's 1968 flannel

Years ago, I ranked Lelands among the best at accurately describing GU shirts. But after a bad (ridiculously bad) experience, and some other listings I wasn't comfortable with, we now have this listing currently up for bids:

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=117733

From Don Gutteridge's days with the White Sox in his managerial capacity comes this remarkable 1968 Chicago White Sox jersey. Pinstriped size "42" Wilson jersey is complete with wash instructions on the front tail along with an embroidered "68" year tag and "Gutteridge" swatch in the collar. All original with a "Sox" logo on the left breast and a "35" on the right and again on the back, this jersey shows fine use with four team repairs noticed on the front.

Complete?
1. There is no NOB
2. There is no 1968 patch
3. The year tagging (red stitched "68" doesn't look right to me, but this is the least of the problems.)
4. Two pictured shirts of the same guy, year, manufacturer, team, both home, are different sizes. Not necessarily problematic, but curious.

Leland's pics above. Below is what another 1968 Sox home shirt looks like. Coincidentally, same manager:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l1.jpg (26.2 KB, 293 views)
File Type: jpg l2.jpg (24.1 KB, 294 views)
File Type: jpg ws.jpg (93.4 KB, 291 views)