View Single Post
Old 09-23-2023, 03:03 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
The photo is unique because it is the original that made all the wire photos that was sent through the machine. The strip on top a separate strip and is typed and then glued to the top. The TWO pieces are transmitted as one. On the receiving end is the wire photo, the Type 3.

If you type in the cert number in the psa website, it explains it right there for you.

Not sure what all the fuss is about here. It looks like it’s labeled correctly to me a a neat piece

I think it's an absolutely silly thing to claim on a slab for what is essentially a "Type 1" press photo.

No more, no less.

Caption on the front, caption on the back....it's the same thing.

Not a "One of a Kind Proof"

Even if you "think" that's what it may be. It's just silly.

I say this acknowledging that the 60's to the modern time period has a dearth of high quality press photos, because of the laser, tele, wire, sound, radio, etc...movement, in the press industry.

.......but they are out there......and they're no different then a Type 1 Press photo, from when they were printing multiple copies from the negative in the 30's, and trucking them to as many locally sourced newspapers as could be manage-ably reached by press time the next day.

You want them to sell for a premium because they are scarce, let them sell for a premium because they are scarce.

What's on those PSA labels is nothing more then a cynical form of yelling "Synergy" during a Corporate Event, and expecting everyone to oooo and ahhhh about how clever you must be to have just re-invented the wheel.

Lastly, these aren't original photo negatives (which by the way can also be copied). These are prints. How can anybody be sure these were the only prints made up to transmit the wire/laser/tele photos? Back-ups were never made?

Are we saying it's unique "Press Art", because no two mock-ups and captions are exactly alike...therefore it's a "One Of A Kind", like any other piece of original art?

Again.....many will disagree with me.....but I think it's silly and unnecessary.

Last edited by D. Bergin; 09-23-2023 at 04:19 PM.