View Single Post
Old 09-30-2023, 06:37 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Yes I am bumping a thread that is over 8 years old with no posts in it but it's to finally share some information that I have been keeping to myself mostly for selfish reasons.

When I posted this thread I already knew that a large percentage of the confirmed brown Lenox were from the group of the 28 350/460 subjects that were printed with both the American Beauty 350 no frame and American beauty 460 backs. I think at the time it was it was 17 of the 22 confirmed brown Lenox cards, as of today I have it at 22 of 31 confirmed brown Lenox that are from that group of 28 subjects.

What I didn't know at the time but discovered in a week or two after posting this thread is that (in my opinion) that specific group of 28 subjects were only printed with brown Lenox backs and were not printed with a black Lenox back. I have yet to see one of those subjects with a black Lenox back.

Here is my list of confirmed brown Lenox with the subjects from the group of 28 in bold. Except for Doyle and Davis the rest of the subjects are from the 460 only series and are found with both brown and black Lenox backs.

Bradley (with bat)
Burch (fielding)
Chase (holding trophy)
Cobb (bat off)
Conroy (with bat)
Crawford (with bat)
Davis (Davis on front)
Doyle (with bat)
Jennings (one hand)
Jennings (both hands)
Jordan (batting)
Lajoie (with bat)
Lake (no ball)
Latham
Leach (bending over)
Leifield (batting
Manning (pitching
Marquard (pitching)
Mcquillan (with bat)
Merkle (throwing)
Overall (hands at face level)
Pfeister (throwing
Schlei (portrait)
Seymour (throwing
Smith (Chicago & Boston)
Steinfeldt (with bat)
Tinker (bat off)
Wagner (bat on right)
Willetts
Willis (batting)
Wiltse (portrait)

I have images of the following that are possible brown Lenox but I would have to see better scans or have them in hand to be sure.

Bender (no trees)
Downey (batting)
Griffith (batting)
Schlei (batting)
Tinker (bat on)
White (pitching
Willis (throwing)

The Griffith and Schlei I'm more sure of than the rest the images I have of the others are not very good.

Last edited by Pat R; 09-30-2023 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Corrected list