View Single Post
Old 10-05-2023, 12:09 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
Pat, just judging by those scans, I think the Willis is faded black. Just my 2 cents.

Here's my Black Lenox next to my Brown example.
You and I always seem to have different opinions on the black and brown Lenox Mike. There are different shades of brown and the brown Lenox that you posted is the shade that stands out the most by far over the other shades.

I agree with what Greg said about the black not fading to a brown look I've also never seen a black on any T cards fade to a point that it appears brown.

The brown Lenox are so scarce that there are only a small sample for comparison. The T59 Sub Rosa's are very similar to the T206 Lenox that's why I used them for a reference in my earlier post.

The scans and what you're viewing them on can effect how they appear. My computer monitor is more accurate than the tablet I sometimes use but even my computer monitor doesn't reflect what they actually look like in hand.

I have around 20 brown Sub Rosa's in varying shades of brown that are very similar to the brown Lenox and they all clearly stand out from the 300 black Sub Rosa's that I have.

The Top row in this scan are all brown and the bottom row are black. The factory 129 in the top left is what I would consider a faded brown look and the Factory 649 bottom row 2nd from the left has a faded black look.

img877.jpg

img878.jpg