View Single Post
Old 11-28-2023, 10:15 PM
Ch.r.ls M.u.lr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen of Cardboard View Post
I just purchased a lot of five 1964 Topps Venezuelan cards on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/235288052365

I've contacted the seller about this, but also thought I'd seek counsel here. Does anyone have any experience with size variations in the Venezuelan cards? Almost all of the cards in this lot have a side which is a smidge smaller than the standard 2.5x3.25. I'm not suggesting the eBay seller trimmed them, but wondered if it was normal to run across a significant percentage of these which are smaller than minimum size. There's a few where the width is smaller at the top than the width at the bottom. Or the height varies on each side. The differences are extremely small. The corners are a little soft, so they wouldn't have been trimmed to create sharp corners. I don't know what would have been gained by trimming just a teensy bit from part of a side or top/bottom.

Was the original cutting quality of these cards when they were produced just worst than typical Topps cards from this era.
I focus on Venezuelan Topps for my PC. While I don't know if the 64 cards are typically short, I will say the ebayer tampabay-cards is one of the best US sellers of Venezuelan Topps cards around. He's active in the Venny Facebook group, I've chatted with him numerous times, he has a great rep.

Getting back to the cards, I know some Venny sets are notoriously short (1968). Not sure about the 64 set though. I don't measure raw cards when I get them in.