View Single Post
Old 11-29-2023, 10:06 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Value is always difficult to assess when it comes to a piece like this. It's not like there's a crazy active market in these sheets, and we can look at the last 10 sales to evaluate the market.

My overall sense is that it's probably not worth a whole lot, although I suppose I could be surprised in an auction if a couple of bidders fall in love with it and go nuts.

Probably most importantly, most of the hostess issues just don't have crazy strong demand, at least relative to supply. There's only so many collectors who want these, and there always seem to be plenty of the pieces available. While that action is for panels, complete boxes, or individual items, it's hard to imagine that collectors would suddenly come out of the woodwork for this piece, more than they would for the routine hostess pieces that trade on the market.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's really big. Big stuff can often be problematic, just because it takes up so much space, it's prone to damage, and it's difficult to display. For most of us, it doesn't easily slide right into our collections, in a physical sense. While there is a small subset of collectors who want big stuff like Topps complete sheets, when it comes to issues like this, my sense is that size is a detriment.

If I had to guess, I would say probably 3 figures. Maybe a few hundred if you can find the right buyer. Maybe a little bit more on a really good day? But due to the reasons outlined above, it's hard to see this one going for much more.

Now that I've pronounced it as being not worth a whole lot, maybe everyone will come out of the woodwork to disagree.

1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 11-29-2023 at 10:08 AM.